You Tube

Thursday 21 September 2017

Chipping pelargoniuum seeds.

We all want to get 100% germination,especially if we have only couple seeds,or it is seeds from our own unique cross pollination. I never tried to chip pelargonium seeds before,so it was very interesting process for me.This post is addition to my youtube video about seed chipping
  So what do wee need to start it ?!
 Seeds of course,  scalpel(or whatever you can find,what can do sharp cut) ,cotton wool, boiled water, pencil, label,container where to put chipped seed and maybe magnification glass.
  So,if you have seed still in 'coat' with tail-look at my video,how i did chipped it and what i did after.
But if you have clean seed ,you must know which end to chip off,so there is some photos with with very close ups of seed.And i draw line which end and how much approx to chip off.And if you find right end,fallow to my video.


Pelargonium seed closeup.
Next day,when seed start to plump up.
Pelargonium seed closeup.
And then different stages of germination,before pot it up:

I potted up at this stage.
So,best of luck with seed chipping,if you have questions ask,subscribe to not miss my other new posts.
Happy hardening!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment